After my debacle with my shredded Barbacoa I have been looking to redeem myself.
I happened across this recipe on Pinterest and thought that this would be the perfect opportunity.
My recipe below is based on the link above but I did make a few changes based on our tastes.
Hands down the biggest bonus of this recipe is its ease to prepare. I legitimately put everything together in the morning before work…BEFORE COFFEE! Yep that easy. Took me 15 minutes tops.
Smokey Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 2-3 lbs pork roast/pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup fresh pineapple – cut small
- 4 cups coleslaw (you can buy the pre-packed bags or chopped yourself)
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seed oil
- Place your roast in your slow cooker, turn on to low, season with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl or measuring glass – whisk together your beef broth, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke, and chili powder and pour over the meat
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours; once you get home from work – use some tongs to pull the meat apart
- Prior to serving slice your pineapple, and into the coleslaw mix, add the vinegar and oil, season with cilantro to taste
For the cole slaw we get these great bags of “salad” at Kroger but it’s essentially: kale, cabbage, carrots, etc and we always keep those on hand either for my lunch, tacos, sides etc.
This is another recipe that has Pat’s stamp of approval, it has mine too. It turned out so great!